Wednesday, August 13, 2008

There's a reason we still read this stuff



Risking yet another Olympic rant: in my typical current events/cultural awareness lag, I just learned that the opening ceremonies were effectively simulated for all television viewers via computer-generated imaging (CGI). Yet another example of the insidious "not quite true but enough to satisfy us" infiltration of the psyche playing out there.

Plato lives!

Such prisoners would mistake appearance for reality. They would think the things they see on the wall (the shadows) were real; they would know nothing of the real causes of the shadows.


...or as Paul put it:
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.


The Truth, the Truth....someday we will see it in its entirety. Maybe not this side of heaven tho'.

0 comments: